- May 2021
Why do we need to prevent people from illegally working?
All employers have a responsibility to prevent illegal working in the UK. This can be done by conducting a right to work check before you employ someone.
Its very important to prevent people from illegal working as the ability to illegally work is a key driver of illegal migration. It leaves people vulnerable to exploitation and results in unscrupulous employers undercutting compliant businesses.
It can also negatively impact on the wages of lawful workers and is linked to other labour market abuse such as:
- Tax evasion
- Breach of the national minimum wage
- Exploitative working conditions, including modern slavery in the most serious cases.
You are also at risk of unlimited fines and/or 5 years imprisonment per illegal worker if right to work checks are not carried out correctly.
Our software app allows you to:
- Keep up to date with Home Office guidance changes and with our built-in wizard you cannot get the process wrong.
- Authenticate the documents and assist the user to make sure no errors take place.
- Receive instant right to work status.
- Receive on going alerts to expiring documents via a portal.
For a free demo please contact firstname.lastname@example.org